E-Zone Glass®- Cyclone Resistant Glass
E-Zone® Cyclone Resistant Glass offers all the protection and peace of mind as StormShield®, with the added benefit of moderating Solar Heat Gain.
The pyrolitic process used in the manufacture of E-zone® cyclone resistant glass embeds invisible heat-reflective materials into the glass. This allows light to enter, but reflects much of the inbound heat, increasing comfort. Conversely in cool climates we can configure E-zone® to maximize heat retention.
Hydrostatic pressure testing has demonstrated that E-zone® can provide substantially superior flood resistance when installed in a certified flood resistant frame compared to standard laminates.
E-Zone® Features & Benefits
- Decreased solar heat gain providing a cooler environment for improved working conditions and comfort levels
- Retains high levels of visual light transmission
- Reduce HVAC requirements and subsequent positive impact on systems size requirements
- ‘Always on’ – no taking temporary covers on and off
- Superior building aesthetics and unobstructed visibility
- Larger windows can be designed
- Withstands extreme pressure >12kPa, wind gusts >500 km/h
- Expedited recovery post-event
- Evaluated at the world class James Cook University cyclone testing station with excellent results
- Standard dimensions up to 3900mm x 2440mm
- 2D curves (single radius and single axis)
- AS/NZS 1170.2:2011
- AS/NZS 1288
- Certified in wide range of commonly available cyclone rated framing systems including Alspec, Capral, Alutech, AWS and Wintec
NB: Debris Impact Resistant certified framing system required