E-zone Cyclone Resistant Glass
E-zone® Cyclone Resistant Glass offers all the protection and peace of mind as StormShield®, with the added benefit of moderating Solar Heat Gain.
The pyrolitic process used in the manufacture of E-zone cyclone resistant glass embeds invisible heat-reflective materials into the glass. This allows light to enter, but reflects much of the inbound heat, increasing comfort. Conversely in cool climates we can configure E-zone to maximize heat retention.
Hydrostatic pressure testing has demonstrated that E-zone can provide substantially superior flood resistance when installed in a certified flood resistant frame compared to standard laminates.
Glasshape has recently improved its E-zone Glass product range and we are now offering combined product solutions for both Region C&D, E-zone Glass Ultra & E-zone Glass Extreme. These two new product variants provide multifaceted enhancements to combat the conditions experienced in both regions, E-zone Glass Ultra for impact resistance up to 39m/s & E-zone Glass Extreme for impacts up to 44m/s. E-zone Glass products are the only available annealed laminated product solution for Cyclone Resistance that can be cut and processed from stock sheets and available from our local stockists.
E-zone Glass Features & Benefits
- Decreased solar heat gain provides a cooler environment for improved working conditions and comfort
- Retains high levels of visual light transmission
- Reduce HVAC requirements and subsequent positive impact on systems size requirements
- ‘Always on’ – no taking temporary covers on and off
- Superior building aesthetics and unobstructed visibility
- Larger windows can be designed
- Withstands extreme pressure >12kPa, wind gusts >500 km/h
- Expedited recovery post-event
- Evaluated at the world class James Cook University cyclone testing station with excellent results
- Standard dimensions up to 3900mm x 2440mm
- 2D curves (single radius and single axis)
- AS/NZS 1170.2:2011
- AS/NZS 1288
- Certified in wide range of commonly available cyclone rated framing systems including Alspec, Capral, Alutech, AWS and Wintec
NB: Debris Impact Resistant certified framing system required
E-zone Glass® – Authorised Distributors
The following Companies are Authorised Distributors of E-zone Glass in Australia and the Pacific Islands
NW Western Australia Distributor
25 Bradford Street
Ph: +61 8 9920 9500
Aluglass Australia Pty Ltd
Northern Territory Australia Distributer
15 Campion Road
Ph: +61 8 8944 5700