Heavy Machinery Glass Solutions
Our heavy machinery glass is specifically developed as the ultimate safety and protection glass for use in forestry harvester equipment, mining vehicles and other heavy machinery. ArbourShield® is a fully certified solution for where protection from impact risks is required.
Unparalleled strength and unobstructed visibility is delivered through a combination of laminated glass exterior and high-grade abrasion resistant polycarbonate. This protects the operator inside the cab from chain shot, falling objects and other projectiles.
ArbourShield® heavy machinery glass has been extensively impact tested and proven to be over 10x stronger and more impact resistant than standard laminated windscreens of the same thickness.
*2.72kg, 90mm diameter steel ball
ArbourShield® Features & Benefits
- Greater visibility (no grills, mesh required, improved light transmission)
- Scratch resistance – glass exterior surface (wiper friendly)
- No static charge (less dust attraction)
- Reduced deflection under impact
- No glass discoloration/damage from standard cleaning agents
- Low-E options
- Anti-Spall film
- Tested to withstand clarity, distortion, luminous transmittance, ageing, impact, fracture and adhesion quality control tests
Testing & Certification
- AS/NZS 2080:2006 Safety Glazing Land Vehicles
- AS/NZS 2343: 1997 Class G0
- ISO 8084:2003 OPS
- ISO 10262:1998 L1,2 OPG
- ISO 8083:2006 L1,2 Falling Object Protection Forestry
- ISO 3449:2005 Falling Object Protection Earth Moving
- ISO 11839:2010 Thrown Sawtooth Protection
- SAE J2267 Front Screen Protection Forestry