DuraShield Marine is a premium marine grade glass with superior laminating technology for the most demanding & discerning customers
Specifically designed to meet the rigorous demands of exterior marine applications, the DuraShield Marine portfolio is set apart from the competition by its high-performance interlayer. The laminating technology overcomes delamination typically displayed in marine windows and windshields, while delivering exceptional strength and clarity.
Whether monolithic, laminated or multi-laminated, each pane is engineered to withstand the harsh marine environment.
With more than a decade of proven capabilities in flagship builds with yards the world over, DuraShield Marine has an international reputation for quality, performance, durability and safety, making it perfect for new build and refit projects alike.
Turnkey Marine Glass Solution
With a portfolio of products that cover both exterior and interior applications, a design team with on-site digital measure capabilities and our years of specific marine experience, Glasshape can proudly offer a comprehensive marine glass solution.
DuraShield Marine Features & Benefits
- Overcomes delamination typically displayed in marine windows
- Versatile – applications for all marine glazing scenarios (see menu to the right, mobile users: scroll down)
- Compatible with security, thermal and decorative solutions in one complete unit
- Retains clarity and high levels of light transmission
- Eliminate the need for storm covers
- DuraShield Marine has been endorsed on builds classed to Lloyds Register, DNV-GL, ABS, RINA, BV, and many world-renowned Flag States.
- Tinted, low-iron & non-reflective glass types available
- Standard dimensions up to 3900mm x 2440mm + oversize capabilities
- 2D and 3D curves
- Certifications and compliance possible to IACS, ISO 21005:2012, ISO614:2012, MCA LY2, LY3, BSMA25 and Class Requirements
Standard and oversize capabilities allow naval architects to custom
design vast windows delivering space and light into a vessel with floor to ceiling windows, both curved and flat. Compatibility with Glasshape’s thermal, security, printing and privacy offers – all in one window unit – make DuraShield Marine a versatile glass solution for pilothouse, hull, deck and cabin windows.
Customised shapes and specifications to meet the rigorous demands of these most vulnerable glass elements of a vessel – normally the thickest due to Blue Wave exposure.
By definition these small windows between the waterline and first deck are normally oval or circular in shape, and less than 0.16m² (larger than this being Hull Windows). DuraShield Marine dead-light glass is a glass and polycomposite composition laminated together, creating a panel strong enough, that when broken, will remain watertight up to four times the design pressure. This product eliminates the requirements to carry traditional aluminium dead-light plates.
Railings, balustrading and doors that can be found around open flybridges, forward or aft facing. They are generally accepted as an exterior application to reduce wind exposure. Available as custom curves or flat.
In today’s world where terrorist and piracy is of growing concern, many yacht owners consider incorporating a secure area in the yacht to store treasured personal items, even an area passengers and crew can retreat to when under threat. Glasshape offer a range of security glass products, including one way glass, bullet resistant, attack resistant and even blast resistant glass.