DuraShield Marine® Glass Solution
DuraShield is a premium marine grade glass with superior laminating technology for the most demanding & discerning customers.
DuraShield Marine® Features & Benefits
- Overcomes delamination typically displayed in marine windows
- Versatile – applications for all marine glazing scenarios (see menu to the right, mobile users: scroll down)
- Compatible with security, thermal and decorative solutions in one complete unit
- Retains clarity and high levels of light transmission
- Eliminate the need for storm covers
- DuraShield Marine® has been endorsed on builds classed to Lloyds Register, DNV-GL, ABS, RINA, BV, and many world-renowned Flag States.
- Tinted, low-iron & non-reflective glass types available
- Standard dimensions up to 3900 x 2440mm (153 1/2″ x 96 1/8″) + oversize capabilities
- 2D and 3D curves
- Certifications and compliance possible to IACS, ISO 21005:2018, ISO614:2012, MCA LY2, LY3, BSMA25 and Class Requirements
View Our Marine Glass Brochure
Standard and oversize capabilities allow naval architects to custom
design vast windows delivering space and light into a vessel with floor to ceiling windows, both curved and flat. Compatibility with Glasshape’s thermal, security and printing offers – all in one window unit – make DuraShield Marine® a versatile glass solution for pilothouse, hull, deck and cabin windows.
Customized shapes and specifications to meet the rigorous demands of these most vulnerable glass elements of a vessel – normally the thickest due to Blue Wave exposure.
Port Lights & Dead-Lights
By definition these small windows between the waterline and first deck are normally oval or circular in shape, and less than 0.16m² (larger than this being Hull Windows). DuraShield Marine® dead-light glass is a glass and polycomposite composition laminated together, creating a panel strong enough, that when broken, will remain watertight up to four times the design pressure. This product eliminates the requirements to carry traditional aluminium dead-light plates.
Railings, balustrading and doors that can be found around open flybridges, forward or aft facing. They are generally accepted as an exterior application to reduce wind exposure. Available as custom curves or flat.
Secure & Panic Rooms
In today’s world where terrorist and piracy is of growing concern, many yacht owners consider incorporating a secure area in the yacht to store treasured personal items, even an area passengers and crew can retreat to when under threat. Glasshape® offer a range of security glass products, including one way glass, bullet resistant, attack resistant and even blast resistant glass.